Tuesday, October 15, 2013

My review on the City of Chicago's Ventra Transit system

My review on the City of Chicago's Ventra Transit system

I have been asked to definitely get my review out about the City of Chicago's Ventra Transit System that has started taking its shape in Chicago IL. Are you ready? You sure you are ready?....Alright here is my review....


The City of Chicago's Ventra Transit System is getting 1 star out of 5 star ratings which of course 5 being higher than 1 I will tell you in detail why I am only giving it 1 star.....

The switchover to the Ventra from the CTA is probably the worst thing that the City of Chicago has ever done since the government switched from the bunny ear antennas to the analog boxes. Why you may ask? Well for many that have gotten the letters and cards in the mail and the emails letting people know about them it has caused many headaches. What kind of headaches you may ask? Let's see... many Chicago residents having trouble activating their cards properly let along understanding how to setup an account online to reload their cards while waiting on the phone for over 20 minutes only to get hanged up while on wait and not get their questions answered.

I can give you an example of this. As soon as I got my card in the mail and tried to activate it I got an error saying my card was invalid and needed to call customer service from Ventra. I did. Was on hold and said the next person would answer my call within 5 minutes. While waiting I could hear buttons being pushed by someone and 7 minutes later my call gets hanged up. The 2nd time I call was saying it was a 20 minute wait to get ahold of someone. I didn't wait that long because I don't have time for that. I called RTA corporate asking for some answers and told them they needed to fix this or I would get the word out via the media outlets and social media. They activated it within 10 minutes with me on the phone with them. Now why would I still get the word out via social media? Because many people are still dealing with this and if the Ventra company or RTA or whoever is the ones that own them because CTA tells me they aren't in charge of them take charge and offer great customer service and just do it by fixing it and actually listening to the people of Chicago rather than hangup their calls than maybe this Ventra transformation can actually be a great thing. When CTA employees say they don't agree with the new Ventra takeover and can't even talk about it because they would get disciplined than you know something sinister is happening here.


Until they fix this my 1 star still stays the same for Richlatino's reviews. When I give a review the Latino in the Fedora Hat doesn't lie. So Ventra the ball is in your court. You can satisfy the residents of Chicago or ignore it and let it create a social media viral storm like the way the guy that owns Abercrombie & Fitch and also Barilla. #Dropsmic